Friday, July 15, 2011

Stressed about School...

So if you read my blog or know me at all then you know that I just graduated Dental Assisting School in May and am starting Dental Hygiene School in the fall. It is very expensive and as much as DJ and I tried to prepare we just didn't save enough money and the loans they are offering me wont even cover my instruments. (Which still leaves tuition, books, supplies, etc.)

I am trying to get a second job on campus at the local library working nights. That really disappoints me because I like to go to yoga, body pump, pilates and more at the local gym. I have my "gym buddies" there and my life would be forever changed if I didn't get to see them on a regular basis. But I have to do what I have to do to pay for school and keep us "afloat" if you catch my drift.

I can't decide if I would wanna leave my job in the HR/Payroll office (I have worked here almost 2 years) because they are lowering my pay by almost $1 because since I'm a Henderson student they pay their student less even though I will still be working on the WKCTC campus. (It was a shock for me, trust me) I'm just am having a hard time because I don't wanna be doing the same job, making $1 less than everyone else on this campus. Over the 2 semesters I would lose $400 or have theoretically worked 45 hours with no pay from this $1 shortage. When I figured that out it really was like oh gosh, I don't know if I wanna do that.

But if I got a job outside of school, I would have to stand and wait on customers probably and wouldn't be able to do my homework or ask off for school at the last minute. If I hated the outside job and quit, I would be out of luck. But with this job on campus it's through next May so that's more of a secure job. I am definitely comparing pros and cons of the whole situation but I don't have much time to decide.

If anyone has any advice for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Cindy Hall said...

Keep your eye posted for jobs at the college. You have gained lots of experience!!! If you could get a full-time job, you could have lots of your college paid for (although I don't know if it would fit your schedule).DO LOTS OF PRAYING, because I KNOW things will fall into place if it's within God's plan for you. In the meantime, I'm saying lots prayers for you :D