Friday, October 22, 2010

Total Vent Post!

So this is my all out rage post about everything that is going on in my life!!


1. So I just started my dental assisting externship, and I seriously think I got stuck with the worst office! They barely speak to me and basically just want me in the corner out of the way from everything. I am not supposed to speak to the patients, so how in the world am I supposed to learn how to assist a dentist if they don't even want me speaking to their patients!?! I mentioned this to my teacher and all she could tell me was to not act as confident about what I know I can do, and play dumb. Why on earth would I want to play dumb and be someone that I'm not. That's just not what I had in mind when deciding on a career. I want to work somewhere were they can accept me for who I am and where I wouldn't have to put act for them to like me. I could seriously go on and on about this but for the sake of this being public, I will hold what else I have to say.


2. Someone told me yesterday that my boobs fit my personality. Like WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES THAT MEAN?! I'm glad you don't really see ME as a PERSON, and you only see my boobs! Holy Cow!!


3. I have just been so busy lately with school, work and this stupid externship that I have basically forgot all about myself and my husband! It's like I don't even make time for the simplest things like getting my nails painted, or taking long bubble baths! I have probably only see my husband 2 hours each day, because by the time I get home around 7 or 8 I'm already ready for bed by 9!


This post will most def be continued when Im not so fired up about the stupid externship, the boob comment, and life in general!

5 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Sorry about your externship. I really really hope it gets better.

And the comment about the boobs - what the HECK??? Was is a MAN??

Mindy said...

Umm yes most def a man! A much older man than me to clarify! He has a son that is my age!!

Anonymous said...

That stinks about your externship. Maybe things will get better. Just be yourself. A woman should never have to dumb her self down. Ever.

HOLY COW. I would have given him the death look. Seriously. That would have make my skin just boil. I would have said something.

Rachie said...

My mom told me to do that, pretend I don't know as much as I do, at a pharmacy I worked at not too long ago. They treated me like an outcast because I was a college/nursing student while everyone else was in their 30's and 40's and being a pharmacy tech was their career. Oy!

I hope it gets better! How long will you be externing there?

Mindy said...

til May... I am hoping I can switch out of there. I cried Thursday and I just hate it :(