Thursday, July 14, 2011

Today needs Prayers!

Today is a prime example of why you should be thankful for what you have because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

My long time childhood friend, Lindsey, lost her husband and the father to her three children yesterday in a motorcycle accident. I don't have all the details, because I know how hard it is for her and I don't want to pry and make things worse. What you can do is say a tiny prayer for her family and yours, because you need to cherish every moment you have with your family. May she hold onto the memories and be strong for her kids.

I am guilty of taking advantage of my husband sometimes. When we fight, I stay mad longer than I should just to prove a point. I know a tragedy shouldn't have had to happen to make me realize that life is short but sometimes that's what it takes.

I am not going to lie, I would be lost without DJ. He makes sure we are financially stable while I am in school, and takes care of me when I need someone. He is truly my best friend and I love him very much. I am only going to make our relationship better by trying to change a few things about how I treat him. Maybe with this little effort, the time we have together will be 500 times better. Because I don't know what tomorrow will bring but if tomorrow never comes I want today to be the best day.

Another good friend of mine, Brittany A, lost her dad to a heart attack 2 days ago. May they find peace in their hearts to help them through this trying time. I remember many nights of staying at Brittany's and eating dinner with her family. He will never be forgotten as memories live on forever. I am here for you girl if you need anything at all.

My other friend, Heather, and her boyfriend got a small puppy named Riley and he is suffering from Parvo now. It seems like the 2 litters from the mother are all sick with the virus. May they not suffer long and finally rest in peace.

A lady that I work with in my office at the college found a lump in her breast at her last exam. I pray that it is not serious. May God be with her today at her appointment and watch over her. I don't know that much about breast cancer but I hope that I don't have to find out about it.

If you walk away with anything from this blog, please take this: **Be thankful for what you have today, because tomorrow it could be gone.**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post sister. You never know what tomorrow holds.

Cindy Hall said...

I think it's a wonderful tribute to your friend's husband that his death has brought you closer to your husband. I only hope when I die that my life/death can change another life for the good. What more could we ask for??